Pole pas de deux

Pole pas de deux

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Revisting Pas de Deux

Before you go on to read this post I would like to ask you to go here and read this article. What did you think? Here is a blog post that led me to the previous read. A few weeks back I was trying to address a few of these issues and it turned into what we now call, "An Epic Fail."

I pursued learning classical ballet pas de deux and tried to blend it into pole dance because I love to dance and I love ballet. I remember the first time I watched Baryshnikov dance the Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux with Patrica McBride on a Balanchine choreography DVD. I told myself, "I want to do that!"

I like the part in the magazine article where she talks about hitting your partner with an elbow and giving them a bloody nose, "All you can do is say you are sorry. Don't beat yourself up about it."

I really don't have a lot more to say. I leave you with two famous quotes:

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~ Douglas Adams
 
To hold, you must first open your hand. Let go. ~ Lao Tzu

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a dancer and never will be, but I'm enjoying the learning about dancing. The things discussed in the article are mostly common sense, but that always seems to be the case - we humans often fail to apply common sense when we are involved personally.

    ReplyDelete