Pole pas de deux

Pole pas de deux

Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Line From the Heart With a Breath From the Soul

Every now and then a person crosses your path that changes your life in a profound way. It's not the stuff of Star Trek or Nicolas Cage in the movie Family Man. In my life these are people I remember every time I submit a manuscript to a research journal, lace up my skates, or grab a tool. They are my cherished mentors, coaches and teachers.

I said goodbye to the teacher I hear every time I invert, ron de jambe, ballet walk, or forget to work a line with a breath that comes from my soul. Before I started this post I could hear For a Dancer by Jackson Browne. But at this point I'm hearing a line from Everything Changes by Stained. I'm posting both. There is a bit of our journey together in both of them. She will be with me every time I dance.


Lyrics from the song For a Dancer by Jackson Browne
Into a dancer you have grown
From a seed somebody else has thrown
Go on ahead and throw some seeds of your own
And somewhere between the time you arrive
And the time you go
May lie a reason you were alive
But you'll never know 

Lyrics from the song Everything Changes by Staind
I am the mess you chose
The closet you can not close
The devil in you, I suppose
'Cause the wounds never heal

No comments:

Post a Comment