Pole pas de deux

Pole pas de deux

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dance Found: Video

I get a few requests to post videos of my dance on YouTube. I usually defer because of music copyright issues. At the time I posted this clip I did get a notice that BMG owned music may be in my video. Yeah. Uh-huh. Maybe, semi-sorta, kinda.

The inspiration for this dance comes from what meteorologists call turbulence. The eddies in the wind. The angst that dancers try to put into motion. Turbulence is like a dance. It lives and dies in moments. There is an eternity of eddies and an eternity of dances.

Enjoy. I'm posting the first shitty comment I get.


Music: Any Other Name by Thomas Newman Cafe del Mar Volume 8
That's Estee Zakar with the video camera in her home studio.

4 comments:

  1. Although the subtle dance elements are lost on my untrained mind, I so much appreciate what you're doing and your complete disregard for what people think about your shattering of stereotypes!! Thanks for sharing this. I really wanted to see what you do. Keep on keepin' on, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chuck! Nice you have had you along on my journey (1984-2012)

      Delete
  2. just saw your blog for the first time, so glad i did! i just started this past year with pole and also went back to ballet classes! thanks for sharing your journey, i'll be reading from now on! and is She your teacher? awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have another reader! Yes, I am so fortunate to have Estee as my teacher. She is truly amazing both as a performer and teacher.

    ReplyDelete