Pole pas de deux

Pole pas de deux

Sunday, September 14, 2014

In the Moment


The reminders of "In the moment" are all around us.

Yesterday I was shooting pictures at the Denver Botanic Gardens. It was near sunset. There were only a few seconds when that unique sun angle was going to bounce those photons off the glass sculpture and put them on my eyeballs. That moment was never going to happen again in any other timeless time. I had to compose the shot, and push the button. All you have is your training and instincts.I wanted the camera to "see" what I saw, (or create another effect). But there are too many variables, and too many things to think about (depth of field, shutter speed, ISO etc).

So you don't think. You react. But you are imperfect, the camera is imperfect. You just do your best, and try to do better when the next "moment" comes along.

Dance is like that. You go or you don't. The older I get, the more I appreciate the moments, and I try to just live them. (AND practice, practice, practice) The only way to be prepared for the next "moment" is to make mistakes, and learn from them.

 P.S. I know that it has been a long time since I last blogged. Last month I danced as an invited showcase performer at the North American Pole Dance Championship in Chicago, IL. A week later I danced in the first Northern California Pole Presentational in San Jose, CA. My last major pole dance performance of 2014 will be October 4th in St. Charles, IL. Midwest Pole Dance is hosting the first Midwest Pole Presentational. I also have a regular gig blogging monthly for Bad Kitty.

 NAPDC Sunday Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment