Pole pas de deux

Pole pas de deux

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pole Dancing and Men: February Bloghop

I had this long winded post that talked about pole dance and how painful it can be to be a male pole dancer. It was about vulnerability, biology, and doubt. Then I read a blog post that upset me. So I changed my post. Here it is:

As a Culture We Need Dance


As a Culture We Need Love

I'm a Male Pole Dancer
I will not go quietly into the night.

If this video won't play you will have to watch it on a desktop or laptop.
Property of Don Curry only on YouTube








5 comments:

  1. Well as a home poler, I don't attend a studio, but if I did, I would be honored to attend it with someone as talented and graceful in their dance as you. I believe that dance should never discriminate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the post about vulnerability and doubt too! From this post the last video is so vulnerable and so proud, it speaks to me on so many levels. Dance is horrifying and beautiful because of that--you have to proud and in love with the movement to be wonderful but this puts you in such a position of vulnerability. For me it will always be about emoting, something I am particularly awful at but it's what made me want to make dance a big part of my life. I see emotive power in your dance and it is breathtaking. Inspiring.

    Men need to be emotive and emotional, too. Society takes men's power to be full individuals just as it does with women so the right way to improve the situation is to address both sides. To see your videos is enlightening because there you are among women whom cheer you on and you cheer on. It's one detail and it tells a story about what equality looks like. The more men and women can feel free to participate in ANY undertaking, the closer we will really be to what empowerment is really about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob I want to see the post about vulnerability and doubt too! LOVE the final video - so much emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so beautifully put.
    Sometimes actions do speak far louder than our words ever can :)

    ReplyDelete